Spreedly is a service that allows you to securely store credit cards and use them to transact against any number of payment gateways and third party APIs. It does this by simultaneously providing a card tokenization/vault service as well as a gateway and receiver integration service. Payment methods tokenized by Spreedly are stored at Spreedly, allowing you to independently store a card and then pass that card to different end points based on your business requirements. We refer to the ability to use a Spreedly token against multiple gateways/end points as “universal tokenization”.
At a high level, executing a financial transaction with Spreedly involves the following sequence of events:
By using tokenization, Spreedly is able to execute against any number of gateways and APIs on your behalf without the credit card data ever touching your servers.
In order to start executing transactions and collecting payments from your users, you will need to:
- Request an account, and then create your API credentials.
- Add a gateway to transact against (you can also transact against third party API endpoints).
- Start collecting payment information from your users.
- Make a purchase against the gateway with your users’ payment information.
- For merchant aggregators, register merchants to enable reporting and value-add-services.
If you’re interested in transacting against a third party API, please see our Payment Method Distribution functionality.